Flex Holster - Right Hand.
Selecting your insert block
The DAA Flex holster is the next step in the evolution of the DAA Race Holsters.
The DAA Race Master holster was first introduced in 2010, and since then we have been continuously working on improving and refining our patented holster design, to ensure that we meet and exceed the expectations of even the most demanding competition shooters.
Thanks to the tireless efforts of our development team and the valuable feedback and field testing of our customers and professional sponsored shooters – we are now very proud to introduce the DAA Flex Holster.
The DAA Flex Holster is an evolution of the Alpha-X Holster. It’s aluminum chassis borrows heavily from its predecessor , although it does boast some useful upgrades.
However the big improvement can be found in the all new, Patent Pending Flex Insert Block Assembly. This new design allows the user to custom fit their holster to perfectly match their particular pistol. Allowing adjustments for variances between gun models, types or generations. No more fitment issues! Now you can quickly and easily adjust for a perfect fit every time!
And – rather than offering almost 50 models of Alpha-X insert blocks – we can support all those gun types (and many more) with just two models of adjustable Flex insert blocks. The A-Type and the B-Type.
The aluminum chassis
The Flex holster is made from fully CNC machined aluminum for rigidity and durability. It’s designed to be used on 1.5” wide competition belts, and is a perfect fit on the DAA LYNX of Premium belts.
The new hanger design includes a detachable belt hanger which enables the user to detach the lower part of the holster from the belt, while retaining all positional settings – by removing just as single screw. This is extremely useful when traveling.
A new upgrade feature, unique to the Flex holster, is the tilt options incorporated in the hanger assembly. This additional adjustment axis, allows you to position the lower half of the hanger either vertically (as in the Alpha-X) or tilted forward or backwards in incremental steps. This enables the user to adjust the contact point that the thigh pad (which is included as standard in the Flex holster) make with the body. Adjusting for maximum comfort, depending on your body type and where you mount your holster on the belt.
Ball Joint adjustability and Rail height adjustment
The Flex's ball joint and rail height adjustment are taken directly from the Alpha-X holster’s proven and tested design. The large 18mm ball joint with M6 clamping screw enable a full range of tilt and cant adjustability and a rock solid lockup. The easy access from the front makes it possible to setup and adjust the holster while on the body.
The dove-tail rail machined into the side of the holster body, offers a large range of height adjustment with a single screw lock/release.
The Right hand Flex holster is available in a choice for 4 aluminum anodize colors, including Black, Blue, Red, and Titanium Grey. LH holsters are offering in Black only
A choice of 8 color inlays provides additional personalization.
A Flex holster blank (without the insert block) includes the following:
- A fully assembled Flex Aluminum Holster – including polymer Thigh Pad.
- An EVA case, ideal for later use as a utility/cleaning kit box
- A full set of tools including: A large T-handle 5mm Allen, Long Allen keys: 2.5/3/4mm, short screw-driver with double-end bit of T20 Torx and Allen 2mm
- A user instruction card
The Flex Insert block
At the heart of the DAA Flex holster is the new, innovative, Pat Pending Flex insert block.
This insert design allows each user to adjust and fine-tune his insert block to perfectly fit his particular pistol. Not only does this allow us to support almost all gun types with just two models of inserts (Type-A and Type-B), but it enable users to adjust for the small variances that are often introduced by the gun manufacturers, who don’t consider the external dimensions of the trigger guard to be critical. This has always been an issue for the Alpha-X inserts, and this problem is now solved with the new Flex insert design.
Now, using the adjustable slide-lock teeth, the selection of side spacers and Shims, and possibly the front spacer, each shooter can achieve a perfect fit to his or her pistol.
The Flex Insert Block Assembly features an aluminum slide-lock mounted with user adjustable slide-lock teeth. Magnetic engagement, as in the latest generation of Alpha-X inserts. The new stainless-steel safely level is wider and flatter than that found in the Alpha-X blocks, and is mounted on the right side of the block, the outside of the holster for all RH shooters. This makes it more accessible and easier to activate.
The new injection molding production process, and rail mounted magnetic support wedge, ensure the slide lock is more stable and moves more consistently than ever.
Do I need the A-type or B-type insert block assembly?
To determine which insert to order, first consult our list to see if your gun model is shown.
Download the list of pistol/insert type match here.
The beauty of the Flex insert is that even if we never tried your pistol model, and it’s not on our list – more than likely it can be used with either the A or the B-type block! In order to determine which one you need for an unlisted gun model, download and print the gun fit sketch, and follow the instruction in the setup video on how to use it to determine which Insert Block can be used with YOUR pistol.
Download the printable Gun fitment sketch here.
- Pistols which have a trigger guard that widens gradually from front to back (towards the grip) cannot be used in the Flex holster! Such guns include the HK USP and VP9, the CZ P10, the Arsenal Stryke A/B and some others. More on this in the setup video. These guns require a shaped/contoured cutout which cannot be formed using the parallel spacers of the Flex insert. For these guns – we continue to offer Alpha-X insert blocks.
- The Flex insert are not compatible with the Alpha-X holsters. Nor can the Alpha-X inserts be used in the Flex holster body.
* US Pat Pending
CRITICAL SAFETY WARNING
Read the following instructions carefully before using this holster or Insert Block:
- Never holster a loaded firearm without first engaging its safety.
- Check periodically to ensure your safety is functioning correctly.
- Never disengage the safety of the firearm until well clear of the holster and the muzzle is pointing down range.
- Make sure you are fully familiar with the correct use, and adjustment of your DAA Holster before attempting to use it with a loaded firearm.
- Make sure that you have the correct holster/Insert model for your type of firearm.
- Do not use a holster that is unsuited to your firearm, as that could result in unreliable retention or release which could lead to a fatal accident.
- Never use a trigger shoe or a widened trigger with this holster.
- Double check that the retention and release work well, particularly if any modifications have been made to your firearm.
- Care must be taken to ensure the gun is placed properly when returned to the holster. It if it is not positioned correctly, it will not be held securely and may fall out.
- Never holster the gun quickly or with force, as that increases the chance of making contact with the trigger.
- Any adjustment or modification to the holster design may render it unsafe or cause malfunction.
- Take care that the firearm is not dislodged or knocked when holstered, particularly when the holster’s safety lever is unlocked. As this holster has no muzzle support, take care that the muzzle of the gun is not bumped upwards, as this may dislodge the gun from the holster
- Keep your fingers well clear of the trigger when holstering and drawing the firearm.
- The holster should be locked when running or jumping with a holstered gun, or you should keep your hand on the gun’s grip to prevent it accidentally falling.
- Handling a loaded firearm, and drawing it from a holster is inherently dangerous. You do so entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Liability is limited only to the replacement of this holster or parts thereof. No additional warranties are expressed or implied by the manufacturer or the distributors.