The Nikko Stirling Speed Sight ProT4 has been designed to assist shooters requiring a sight that allows fast and accurate target sighting and shooting. The ProT4 speed sights are supplied with integral Weaver or Picatinny claw mounts suitable for mounting on any suitable base. This mounting design is the most popular found in modern firearms and allows multiple shooting applications. Please consult your gunsmith or firearms dealer for advice about the suitability of this sight to your requirements.
Weaver or Picatinny Mounts are available for Rifles and Pistols. Loosen the two allen head screws allowing the mount claw to expand to allow the mount to be placed on the mount rail. The bolt of the screw is used as a locator or recoil stop to keep the mount from moving along the mount rails. Once the sight is in the desired location tighten the two allen screws so the sight is securely fixed to the sight.
Battery insertion and changing
Each Speed sight is supplied with a CR2032 battery for use These batteries are commonly available from camera and electrical retailers. The ProT4Speed Sight features a removable draw at the side to allow easy insertion and changing of batteries. Battery changing can be done at any time and it is recommended that the battery is changed prior to failure or at least annually. The Battery is inserted with the positive sign up. The ProT4 sight utilises a Photo sensor to control the red dot brightness, however please select the OFF position when not in use. It is recommended that the battery be removed if you are storing the sight. Also note the battery draw has a small rubber o-ring seal which provides waterproofing. Should this become damaged you will need to replace it to maintain the sights waterproof feature.
Adjustment of the sight
Adjustment of your Speed Sight should only be made at an approved range. First using a firm rest fire two or three shots to provide a group. Then measure the adjustment you need to make to bring the group to the center of your target.
1. Unlock the Sight –First you need to unlock the adjustment. This is done by using the smaller allen key supplied. Turn the screw in the rear of the sight marked LOCK in an anti clockwise direction for 3 full turns.
2. Elevation (E) and Windage (W) adjustment – After unlocking the adjustments, insert the small allen wrench into the allen screw marked (E) on the sight.
The adjustments are marked in increments of 1 MOA. Each time the signt adjusts 1MOA you will hear and feel a “click”. This will allow fast and accurate adjustment. 1 MOA approximates to 1 inch at 100 yards (2.3cm at 100m). If you are adjusting a pistol sighted at 20 yards then you need to adjust the scale accordingly. At 20 yards each adjustment mark is 1/5th of an inch.
3. Once you have made the required adjustment. Lock the adjustments before firing and at an approved range fire another group of three shots. Should further adjustments be required then repeat these three steps.
Manual Override setting
The ProT4 Speed Sight features a photo sensor to adjust the brightness. Sometimes users may require use of the sight in full daylight or where a background is light as the case with hunting in the snow. During these occasions you can select the www.nikkostirling.com 6 manual override marked M which will provide a brighter setting than available with the use of the Photo sensor. Please ensure you return the switch to the OFF position after use to avoid battery failure. Note replacing the cover does not turn the sight off.
• Made in Japan
• Parallax free
• Waterproof - shockproof
• 1x magnification
• Push buttons up/down for illumination setting
• 11 illumination settings – allows to set your preferred brightness
• Automatic shut off after 3 hours
• Lightweight - 40 grams incl. battery
• Optimized coatings
• Window size app. 25,80x22,00mm
• Small outer dimensions 51x28x33mm
• Click adjustments with locking feature
• Extreme bright illumination
• 4 MOA red dot
• Pulse electronics for longer battery runtime
• Easy battery change – tray on the side of sight
• Memory function – automatic shut off after 3 hours
• Huge elevation range - more than 180”@100yds (450cm@100m)
NIKKO STIRLING PRO T4 Diamond
Elzenweg 33b, 5144MB, Waalwijk
Fax: +31 (0)416 392 040